Saturday 21 May 2016

Spectrum Brush Review

Good evening guys, I hope you're all having a great weekend.



Today I've decided to write a small review on the Spectrum Collections brushes whichh I have owned for around three weeks now and have been absolutely loving.

The brushes which I purchased are:

C01 - No#1 fan, a large fan shaped brush which I use to apply highlighter on to the top of my cheek bones, brow arch and cupid's bow.

C03 -  Flawless Finish, which I use to apply face powder over the top of my base with in order to set my foundation and concealer.

C04 - Killer Cheek Bone, this is a slightly angled brush and I typically use this to apply my blusher.

B01 - In The Buff, I don't use this one everyday, it has shorter, denser bristles, when I do use this brush it is mostly for blending my contour.

B02 - Well Rounded, which is similar to B01 but the bristles are rounded off at the side, I typically use this for a slightly heavier blush.

Now I'm not sure if I'm using these brushes correctly, 'cause hey! I'm no make up artist, but I do think these brushes are absolutely amazing, they are so soft and not a single bristle has fallen out which to me proves the quality of them.

 The only discrepancy I did have with the brushes was that they smelt very strongly of lacquer when they first arrived. A lovely lady on Twitter swiftly replied to me informing me that it was just the smell of the lacquer & paint from the handles not the actual bristles and that with a good airing they would be fine. They also offered to swap the brushes for me but I didn't want the hassle of having to send the brushes back to them and having to wait a while to get replacements, so I just gave them a really good wash with a spot of shampoo and they have been completely fine since, they have even washed fine too.

When ordering I ordered the C01 Large Fan Brush, which is here then the other 4 brushes in a Contour Face Set which is here. I also own their Lilac blending Sponge, which I received in May's Birchbox which you can have a look at here. When you first set up an account with the site you get 10% off BONUS!!

I would certainly purchase from them again I couldn't recommend these brushes enough, they're so pretty to look at as well as being amazingly soft and genuinely brilliant brushes. In fact I already have my eye on a few bits I'm tempted to get:, so much gorgeousness:
*The Marbelous White Bag
*The Siren Smoke Eye Brush Set

Sam xx

Follow me on Twitter @HelloMyBlossom

2 comments:

  1. I really want these. Great review Sam xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just so amazing, wait until they have a sale on, likely to be bank holiday, I wish I had waited a week longer as they put then on sale then haha, typical isn't it! Xxx

      Delete