Monday 2 May 2016

Currently listening too...

Today's post is going to be about a couple of bands I have been loving recently, I'll be providing bio's about the bands and will be tagging a few of their video's too so you can check them out for yourselves. I have been listening to these bands a heck of a lot over the past month and really wanted to share them with you just in case you haven't heard of them before.

I literally can not go a day without listening to music, I love it so much and wish that I had the time to pick up my own guitar and get back into the (I'm not very good)

Anyways, on to the first band...

Kaleo

Kaleo are an Icelandic Indie folk band. The name of the band means 'The Sound' in Hawaiian.

The band members are: Jökull JúlíussonDavíð AntonssonDaníel Ægir Kristjánsson Rubin Pollock.

Kaleo's first live debut was in 2012 at the Icelandic Airwaves Music Festival, following that in 2013 they went on to record their first singles. Their self-titled album went gold in Iceland and from that they gained 5 number 1 hits.

The band currently reside in Texas and are signed to Atlantic Records.

The first time I heard about this band was on an advertisement, at first I was so mesmerized by the ballet dancer and the amazing song that I had to grab my phone immediately to find out who that amazing voice belonged to,I didn't actually know which advert it belonged too for a good week (haha) I later found out that it was the No7 Lift and Luminate age defying serum from Boot's. The song from the advertisement is 'Way Down We Go'. The video I've picked to link was filmed live from inside a volcano in Iceland, which I think is just amazing and I am completely obsessed with Iceland!


I'm also linking their song 'All The Pretty Girls' as I love this one also, I feel like it has a Bon Iver vibe to it.



The second band I'm going to blog about is....

Walking on Cars

Walking on Cars are a five piece band from County Kerry, Ireland formed in 2010. They are described on Spotify as being a folk-influenced pop band, but I would also categorize it as Indie pop/rock.

The band's lead singer is Patrick Sheehy, when I first heard the song 'Speeding Cars' I actually thought Patrick sounded very much like Charlie Simpson (probably just me that thought that though lol) the other band members are Sorcha Purham, Dan Devane, Paul Flannery and Evan Hadnett.

The band first gained radio play after winning the Red Bull Bedroom Jam Competition, which helped them gain a top 30 single in the Irish charts with their song 'Catch Me If You Can', following that their second single 'Two Stones' reached number 12 in the Irish charts.

In 2013 they released an EP named 'As We Fly South', followed by their debut album 'Everything This Way' in January 2016 on Virgin EMI.

I think I first heard their song 'Speeding Cars' on either Radio X or BBC Radio1, I'm not too sure, but after the first listen I just fell in love with the song, not long after I searched for them on Spotify to have a listen to some other songs, I can honestly say that I haven/t heard on bad song from them! So here's 'Speeding Cars', I'm not sure where the video was filmed for this single but it looks so beautiful!


I'm also linking their song 'Catch Me If You Can' which I mentioned above which got them the top 30 chart position


I also wanted to tag their second hit 'Two Stones' as this is such a great song too



I hope you like these bands as much as I do, let me know in the comments section!

I now have an Instagram account which you can follow me on at @hellomyblossom, so be sure to check that out and follow me on Twitter too under the same tag. Thanks for viewing!

Sam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment