Sunday 15 May 2016

May's Brichbox

Today I'll be sharing with you my opinion of this month's Birchbox...


To start with, the box came with a scratch card type layer all over the top of the lid, It was for a competition that Birchbox was running to win either a holiday in the Maldives or in Crete, as you can see above I didn't win! :( I found the stuff an absolute nightmare to get off and I ended up with grey dusting's of it all over my sofa. Underneath all that the box is lovely, albeit the scratches all over the lid now.


On to the first product, which is the PK Prep Polishing Balm...


I've only used this product once, which was on Tuesday night, I applied this to towel dried hair and must admit my hair did feel silky smooth, although by the Wednesday my hair was back to it's dry slightly frizzy state (I'm in desperate need of a hair cut). There is a slight floral scent to this which is quite pleasant.


My second product is the Yu-Be Moisturizing Skin Cream...


I've used this product twice on really dry areas of skin and it did seem to do the job, the only downside is the size of the tube, it's so small (3ml) so I'm not sure I will ever get a real feel for this product before it gets used up.



The third product was the Caudalie Vinosource Moisturising Sorbet...


Now I'm not sure why Birchbox sent me two moisturisers... I've used this a few times now and I must admit, I'm not overly impressed, I much prefer my trusty Simple Moisturiser. I feel like I have to use quite a lot of this product and the smell is really strange, sometimes I like it then other times I'm not too sure about it.


The fourth product was the LOC One and Done Shadow Stick in the shade 'Empress Me' ...



This is Birchbox's first in-house make up brand. I was really impressed with this product, it really has some staying power and is super pigmented, a really beautiful shimmery gold shade too.


The fifth product is Puriskin Resurfacing Formula...


This product claims to help with acne scars, blemishes, razor bumps etc. So far I have used this on facial blemishes/spots and a bug bite on my arm. My facial blemishes do seem to be much better and I haven't used anything else on these and the bug bite on my arm has gone down significantly, although I have had to resort to using all sorts on my arm to get rid of a very angry, sore and itchy bug bite including Aloe Vera Gel, Sudocrem, Anti-histamines etc. So I can't really say that it was this product that cleared it for me.


The final item I got was the Spectrum Collections Unicorn Tears Wonder Sponge....


Only a few weeks back I purchased a number of make up brushes from Spectrum which are absolutely stunning so my new beauty blender fits in with my collection of brushes perfectly. I haven't used this yet though as I currently have one of the Real Techniques beauty blenders, so once that is done with I will be moving on to using this one.


All in all I was a little disappointed with this months box, so have chosen to cancel my subscription for now, although that isn't to say I won't ever go back to them as I do love the concept of receiving beauty products through the door each month. I think I may try one of the other beauty boxes out there to see what they have to offer for next months little treat to myself.

Sam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment