Wednesday 18 May 2016

Je Suis Fille....I am Girl


 

A couple of weeks ago I was scrolling through Instagram and came across a picture of a pretty little bracelet with an Umbrella shaped charm attached. It instantly caught my eye so I found myself clicking on the tag which took me to the page for Je Suis Fille. After reading through some info and heading on over to their website, I found out that this little business was actually a group of 16-17 year old girls from a school in Bristol, UK whom had started out their own business selling these lovely little bracelets in order to raise funds for women who are homeless, at risk of domestic violence and generally need a little help, safety and security in their lives.

I scrolled through their website for quite some time and chose to order one of their angel wing bracelets which symbolises hope. They also have an Umbrella, Heart and Anchor charm and two different styles of bracelets to choose from.

The group of girls who started this business going make each bracelet by hand to sell. I think these girls are absolutely amazing for what they are doing, I would never have thought to do something so thoughtful and selfless at their age, I have every respect for them as they seem to work so hard on this.

The team recently came second in a Young Entrepreneur competition for the West of England and won 'Best Bristol Team 2016' earlier in the month. which is a great achievement.

I have been wearing my bracelet ever since I received it on Monday and absolutely love it, it is such great quality! With each bracelet they have a  handwritten little appreciation note, which I thought was a lovely additon, along with a poem they have written and a fact sheet about homelessness and domestic violence and telling you how you are helping them by spending as little as £4 on a bracelet and showing your support.

For anyone wanting to purchase these bracelets, the girls are due to take their A-Level exams very shortly therefore they have had to temporarily close their on line store unfortunately, but after the 7th June they will be back up and running, so be sure to check their site out and purchase your very own bracelet and support a worthy cause.  I will certainly be heading back to their site!

Good luck to all the girls with their A-levels :)

Sam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment