Thursday 21 July 2016

Summer walks


Summer weekends were made for long sunny walks and this past weekend that's what I did. The sun was shining (finally) so my Mum & I headed out to a local park to take our little Chihuahua, Lissie, for a walk. We left it until fairly late in the afternoon to avoid the painful search for a parking space, 'cause ain't no one got time for that!

We headed to Burrs Country Park which is just outside of Bury located along the banks of the River Irwell, it's really close to where I live and I love coming here, it's always full of really pleasant, chatty, friendly dog owners. 




The area was previously home to cotton mills and there are still plenty of visible remains around the 
park.




Besides lovely walks there are plenty of other things going on here. I have previously witnessed people canoeing, fishing, cycling and there is a fair sized Caravan park situated just behind a really lovely pub.



If you haven't visited here before and happen to live around the Manchester area this place is a must...there's also a little cafe were you can grab an ice cream from, BONUS!! (unfortunately they were closed when we got back from our walk this time).


If you've visited here before let me know in the comments box below.


Sam xx

No comments:

Post a Comment